530-307-8726

Great Article

A fire that started Friday on a 500-block Lakeshore Boulevard home was contained quickly by an in-home sprinkler system that North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District officials say saved the home.

The fire started in a walk-in closet in the master bedroom of the home a little before 12:30 p.m. Friday, said NLTFPD Asst. Fire Marshal Pete Mulvihill.

Once a fire detector was activated by smoke in the room, two sprinkler heads douses the flames before firefighters from the NLTFPD arrived to contain what was left of the blaze. The home’s caretaker was on the property but no one was inside the home while the fire was burning and no one was hurt.

Read More http://www.residentialfiresprinklers.com/blog/fire-sprinklers-save-home-in-lake-tahoe-ca/